Meadow Hall Foundation was incorporated as the non-profit arm of the Meadow Hall Group to support communities, public schools, pupils and teachers through various charitable initiatives and programmes. The vision of the Foundation is to touch the heart of the Nigerian child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising & Publicity Officer
- The Fundraising and Publicity Officer is responsible for developing funding proposals, coming up with creative initiatives that will ensure a sustainable funding stream for Meadow Hall Foundation.
- This position reports to the Head of MeadowHall Foundation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop a fresh fundraising portfolio with a mix of donors: individual, corporate and in-kind support systems for programmes and administrative running expenses.
- Regular communication with sponsors, partners and volunteers.
- Manage the Foundation’s website and various social media accounts.
- Work with other staff to plan and implement programs that would create opportunities for the populations (including underprivileged students and their teachers) served by the Foundation.
- Work with the Head of Meadow Hall Foundation and MHF’s Board to develop, implement and evaluate fundraising plans and strategies.
- Responsible for the writing of monthly/quarterly newsletters (electronic and print) and brochures.
- Initiate partnerships with other NGOs, corporate bodies and government agencies and develop proposals for funding to prospective donors.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing non-traditional funding methods like social enterprises (businesses) to ensure a sustainable revenue generation drive.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organizations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into the Foundation’s interests.
- Stay informed about, and follow up as necessary on, grant-related issues throughout the grants’ duration.
- Represent the Foundation professionally by making presentations, responding to inquiries and attending meetings and conferences.
- Develop position papers as assigned on new subject areas for creative and active involvement of the organization.